Go find out - about friendships
friends; friendships; making; keeping; find; out;
There are times when everyone is happy to be alone.
- You can read, practise skills, play a musical instrument, even do your homework or sort out your schoolbag for the next day.
But there are lots of times when we all need to be with others.
We are all a part of some groups e.g. family and school, but we can also choose to have friends to share our interests.
|Having a best friend is great if you are able to have one. You get to share your thoughts, dreams, fun times, problems, successes and failures with someone who knows, understands and cares about you and is around your age.
- Some people make friends easily but others find it very hard.
- Some people make friends quickly and lose them just as quickly.
Find out more about friendship check out our topic on Making friends then do the quiz to find out what you’ve learned about being a friend.
True or false
- Shy people don’t want to have friends.
- Friends should gossip about each other.
- You can be friends with many people.
- It’s easier to be friends with people who share your interests.
- A pet can be a good friend.
Being a good friend
If you want to be really good at something then it’s a good idea to learn what skills you need and then practise them.
If you want to know more about being a good friend then read this topic Friendship then try the quiz to find out how good a friend you are.
- The most important friend you can have is y-------.
- You should always r------ others.
- Best friends never tell s------ about each other, unless it’s to keep each other safe.
- It’s great to have a best friend but it’s good to have o---- friends too.
- Friends should be able to t---- each other.
Some people find it hard to make friends.
- Maybe they feel too shy to start talking to others?
- Maybe they are not sure what to talk about?
- Maybe they put people off by being too loud or by trying too hard to be funny?
- Maybe they just need to learn more social skills?
Read our topic on Social skills and take a look at what some kids said about the skills they think are really important.
When you have done that then why not fill in this survey and send it in to us letting us know:
- Which skills do you think are most important?
- What do you think is the most important skill of all?
We have had hundreds of surveys sent in already from all over the world.
Many kids have also said that the survey made them think about how they could make friends and become a good friend.
Give it a go!
Friendship quiz answers
We've provided this information to help you to understand important things about staying healthy and happy. However, if you feel sick or unhappy, it is important to tell your mum or dad, a teacher or another grown-up.